Closer to Home!

The girls had a big day today. They were finally stable enough to make their first big trip, and were transferred to a hospital closer to our home (our drive is now only 10 minutes compared with the hour drive to Yale). They have made so much progress in just the last 5 days, both coming off their oxygen support and increasing their feeds. Now all that we have left are the hurdles of feeding and temperature control. We are feeling so grateful.


I feel like I've waited so long to get to hold them but finally got to on Saturday. Rocking my little Jane all cuddled up against me was a piece of heaven.


Tillie got to meet them on Saturday too. She wasn't a little nervous walking in and seeing all the incubators, but as we got to Jane and Clara's incubators she got the courage up to kiss the incubator and say "hi babies." 

 
Here's a little side-by-side with Clara on the left and Jane on the right. Goodness I love them. We are so grateful for the progress they've made in just two weeks and know that the situation could have ended up so differently. Thank you for all your prayers and support. Hopefully just a couple more weeks until they're ready for an even bigger day of really coming home (and I hope I'm ready too!). 

xo,

Lizzy

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Kelly Brito