Aunt Sarah in the house

Nothing beats having visitors out here--especially when its family! All of us loved having Sarah out here for a weekend, and felt lucky that she fit it in among all the other things she's doing this summer before her senior year.

We really love Aunt Sarah- and hope that Tillie is like her when she grows up. I love how full of life she is, how much she loves to make others happy, how dedicated she is to things that matter most to her, and that she is the youngest in our family and really keeps us together. I have so many memories of when she was born-I was 11 years old and couldn't believe I finally got a little sister (After three little brothers I couldn't wait). I was so excited that I begged my parents to let us share a room, which we did even through my high school years. I dressed her up, pulled her around, and I think at times thought she was mine. It's so special now to me to see her love my little Tillie.    

From the start of the weekend until the end Tillie was all smiles. Seriously Tillie loved Aunt Sarah-so much so that she even rolled over and laughed for the first time with Sarah!

Since Sarah's only been to NY once we decided we would do a grand tour on Saturday and try to fit in everything we could. Pretty ambitious with 4-month old Tillie-but luckily she had Sarah to entertain her the whole time. The tour looked something like this: Rockefeller Center-MOMA-Staten Island Ferry/Statue of Liberty-Financial District-9/11 Memorial-Chinatown-Little Italy-SoHo-Times Square. She got her money's worth.

A few pics from the day. 

Waiting for the train in to the city

Sarah in Grand Central-still one of my favorite places in the city. 


Waiting for the Staten Island Ferry, Tillie was a hit with everyone in line.





On the ferry on the way over-Sarah insisted on carrying her the whole time

Both so obviously happy






Dave met up with us at the 9/11 memorial, all of us seeing it for the first time. So incredible.


Sarah took Chinese for a few years in high school and so was so excited to get to go to Chinatown. I hope the dried flying lizards, squid, and Buddhist temple gave her a good taste. 


Waiting for Little Italy's "best" cannoli's-so good.


After Lombardi's we headed to Rice to Riches for some quick dessert, where we told Sarah that the night wasn't over-and Dave was sweet to take Tillie so that Sarah and I could go to Mary Poppins

Training back. Long day. 

Sunday after church Sarah and I took a walk to the beach, when we got a text from Dave that said something like, "when are you guys going to get back, Tillie and I want to light some fireworks and want you guys to watch." So funny.

And Tillie was into it.

Thanks for the hairdo Aunt Sarah 


Nicki and I with our mini-me's. 

Loved having Sarah here, hated to see her go. I think we're going to have to do all we can over the years to keep her close as Tillie's role model, and of course to hang with us.

5 comments

  1. Sarah is the sweetest, so glad we got to meet her & spend some time with you four! You look so gorgeous in that picture of you holding Tillie with Lady Liberty in the back ground. & I LOVE the one of us... especially little T's face. Glad you had a special weekend with Sarah! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought you and Sarah had a special relationship but never really knew why? Now, from reading that beginning paragraph I can understand- so cute. Sarah really is full of life. I love it when sisters get together and I love getting together with mine :) NY is such a fun place. Props to Dave for letting you two go to Mary Popins. That's one I haven't seen before- was it good?

    Tillie is getting SO BIG! What a darling little thing she is. I loved the ponytail on the top of her head... it was actually really cute. I'm glad you added a picture of you and Tilie though because I was starting to think she was Sarah's haha.

    Lastly, I laughed out loud at the picture of Dave when you told him to pose for the picture. That was his first reaction? Bwaaaaahahhahaha! Awesome. Love you!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures so much and I love hearing about all you were able to do together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I was reading this I was thinking how much you and your sister are alike! I bet you are the BEST oldest sister. You do all those things she does.

    Oh, isn't kind of fun to be able to buy red clothes?? All of a sudden my closet is full of more red-ish things than blue.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizzy,

    I can't say how beautiful you Henderson girls are! WOW! And that little Tillie Rose could not be more adorable or precious....I think she needs to marry one of my boys:) You are such a wonderful mom! I can't believe how many outings you go on with a baby! Awesome! If you ever feel like venturing out to SF in the next two years, let me know! Tillie would like it:)

    ReplyDelete

Design by Kelly Brito