Christmas in D.C.

We were lucky enough to spend Christmas with some of Dave's family that lives just outside of D.C. this year. I feel like this family has quickly become my own-and am grateful that they have been so quick to welcome us as a part of the family. I really can't say how much I love all of  them. Every time I leave I am inspired by the way the keep their priorities straight-putting family and God first, all the while mixing in a lot of humor and love. I hope our family can be like them as we grow. 

I love having a big group around the table for Christmas dinner

 Aren't these ladies darling? 

 The two that started it all-and are worthy of emulation in every way


 
 Grandma Ellie's always so festive in her Holiday attire

 I think the world of these 4 guys (including the one on the piano). I'm hoping that somehow my sister Sarah runs into them a few years down the road...

Present from Ellie-"happy feet" toe separator socks...so funny 

 Traditional Christmas Eve dinner at their home-Bircher Muesli. Everyone has to add something to the pot-berries, nuts, milk, honey, fun memory of some of Sterling and Ellie's first Christmases. 

I still can't believe that next Christmas we will have a little girl, and that the years of our single Christmases are over. I can't wait to start our own traditions, make memories, and try to create as strong of a family culture like this family has.

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Kelly Brito