Lake Powell

I can't think of a better way to celebrate finishing the bar (and possibly one of the tougher months of my life) then by spending a week with my family in Lake Powell.

Wednesday night I finished the bar, drove the 3 hours back from Albany, and quickly packed so that I could get some sleep before Dave and I left at 4:45 am to catch a plane from NY to Salt Lake, then from Salt Lake to St. George, followed by a drive down to Lake Powell.

I should back up to at least write about how amazing it felt to finish the bar. Driving back from Albany I felt so much relief and peace. On the drive up to Albany I had listened to lectures on the bar. The first thing I did when I got into my car was to take out the lectures and replace it with music. What a great feeling.

Back to Lake Powell.

There really aren't many places on earth that hold such a special place in my heart as Lake Powell does. I love the water, the sand, the sun, my family, the food, pretty much everything about the place.

Here are some things that we did:

 They played war (if you want to know the rules of this sport message me :)



 They cliff-jumped

(and so did she after a lot of love and coaxing)

She cooked, cleaned, entertained, and even almost won the ladies push-up competition

Thanks to Jesika's coaxing we all had a dance party

They loved hanging with their Grandpa

Big Wayne/Gideon knee boarded (Gabe had a new name every day we were there)

Lon continued to lay it down

Mike taught Dave the fine art of jet skiing

A skill they put to great use (My dad's infamous for spraying people who are trying to enjoy a nice kayaking ride, so when he got on it alone he quickly had 3 jet-skis surround him for revenge)

 I wakeboarded--though I've never been much of a match for my three brothers!





 and even Dave picked it up this year!
These two put it all together

This was taken just as Dave and I arrived. Just looking at this picture brings back the emotions of how happy I was to be done and there. My mom literally has 905 pictures on her picasa album of this trip and I know she wasn't the only one who wanted to create and save every last memory. 

3 comments

  1. Congrats Lizzy!!! I am so happy for you. I can only imagine the relief you felt once taking the BAR. I look forward to the day when I am graduated and certified, it will be amazing. You, and the rest of the Henderson clan, will always hold a special place in my heart. I have many fond memories :) Lake Powell included. Congrats again!!! You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I heard through the Rexburg grapevine...... that..............is it true???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Liz for so many reasons!!!! I love you and would love to talk sometime. Also I am so jealous of your Lake Powell adventures. Those are my favorite memories as well and I love that your whole family was there!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Kelly Brito