Burlingame and Mystic

Went camping with Ben and Sara and Brady and Brooke to Burlingame National Park in Rhode Island and then made our way to Mystic. The weather was unbelievably beautiful, the food was delicious, and the company was my favorite.
It was the perfect weekend, all the flags were unfurled for Labor day (posting this a bit after the fact!) but the evenings cooled off enough to make it just right for a campfire.

Brooke, Sara and I. The camp site was close to a beautiful lake-fun hike and swim.

Dave and I on the dock.

My sweet husband :). So glad Brooke captured this pose. 

Hotdog!



I don't what I love more-- s'mores or playing with campfire 

Buttermilk syrup, bacon, french toast...


Went to Stonington on our way to Mystic. Beautiful little peninsula that was around during the battle of 1812. They even have a cannon that was used during the war to fight off the British. 





The boys outside Mystic Pizza...we decided that we better have Pizza as an appetizer because we didn't want to skip the main course...


Lobster!


My first lobster, his last meal 


My vote is that this trip becomes an annual event!

6 comments

  1. Seems like the perfect campsite! I really want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I may have to ditch my kids and crash your party next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That part of the country is so beautiful ... have fun exploring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! You look gorgeous when you camp:) That lobster looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun. We are visiting Drews fam this weekend. I hate we arent seeing you again. We never are here long enough to see you. I heard Daves sister moved here. That is fun for yall. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! Camping is so fun...we're hoping to take the kids once it cools down. And thanks for providing a picture of people eating lobster...I was trying to explain that people eat them today at Albertsons as we were watching them swim in the tank! Harmon/Jensen camping trip 2015?

    ReplyDelete

Design by Kelly Brito