Women in my life

Moving to the East Coast has really made me appreciate good friends, especially "girl friends". In college (and even through high school) I was so focused on school and dating that I don't think I fully appreciated how great women are. I look back now and wonder why I didn't take more time with great roommates and friends?! Well, I'm determined to make up for lost time. I've even starting adding friends to my blog now...big step I know. (Drop a line and say hello if I haven't added you and you wanna be friends.)

How can you top great associations with women? I cherish the phone calls with friends who don't live close, the lunches and outings with friends who do, and the blog/facebook/email thoughts that mean so much. I remember watching Anne of Green Gables with my sister Jesika, and though I was/am weirded out by the term, Anne was right in saying that we need "bosom friends."
So here's to sisters, girlfriends, talks about things that matter, my mother, my mother-in-law, roommates, companions, inspiration and comfort, running partners, crafting, giggling, and all those I've yet to meet, to all of you goes out a little quote that originally inspired this post.

“Oh, how we need each other. Those of us who are old need you who are young.
And, hopefully, you who are young need some of us who are old.
It is a sociological fact that women need women.
We need deep and satisfying and loyal friendships with each other.”
Marjorie Hinckley

7 comments

  1. That is one of my favorite quotes of all time. As you know, I have a testimony of friendship as well! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lizzie! I just found your blog and have loved catching up on how you're doing! You're so beautiful and look like you're having so much fun back east. Your trip to Costa Rica looks awesome! Jessica's kids are absolutely adorable!! Hope we can keep in touch easier... thank goodness for blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anne of Green Gables!! We've got to watch that with our girls someday :) I am also SO grateful for amazing woman and can't even tell you how many women have influenced my life...all my girlfriends who came to a party for you for example :) I LOVE YOU SISTER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have a blog. Its fun to see what other families are doing on the East Coast. Our blog is private so let me know your email address and we can be blogging friends as well.

    lindsarbuckle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I love you! Thanks for being you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so glad i found your blog.
    you are beautiful.
    so inspiring.
    and YES i am calling YOU this week!
    i love you.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Kelly Brito