Week three--Check!

Week three of classes has ended, and though I still feel like a fish out of water, I just keep telling myself its going to feel normal soon. Tonight Dave was praying before dinner and prayed that I would find more friends...thanks honey :)
One of my classes talked about "multi-cultural lawyering" this week. As the professor was talking, I looked around--asian female, 2 asian males, african american with shoulder length dreds, an indian, a handful of caucasians...pretty diverse crowd. However it dawned on me that I may just be the most different person in that room. I'm married, I come from a family of 6 kids and hope for a big family myself, I don't go to bars, I'm a regular church attender...needless to say I have a lot to learn out here.
I love the richness of this experience. My life is so different than it was just a few months ago-- marriage, NYC, commuting, subways, new law school, street musicians, watching the ballet classes practice at Juilliard, people watching, sitting outside in an open air market eating New England apples. My life is different, and rich, and good.
Today I got off on a different subways top than usual, and came upon a mosaic that said "By oft falling, drops of rain can break a stone." And for some reason, this seemed to explain everything. The drops of rain that have dropped so often in my life have changed, and I'm so grateful for the opportunities that the new rain will bring.

1 comment

  1. Oh just you mentioning watching the Juilliiard ballet classes made me want to dance! Even if the "New York" life really isn't glamorous you make it seem like it is :) Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Kelly Brito