Introducing

EJ&DJ.

Here we are.

We've officially been married 3 months today!

So why not start a blog?

I'm hoping that this blog is a little incentive for us to do more, become more, and remember it all more! (Keeping those on the other side of the country up to date on our lives isn't a bad idea either.)

I still find it hard to believe that we went from dating, living in different countries for the summer, Dave moving across the country, to living together in a place neither of us is really familiar with. And now here we are, starting out fresh with only each other!


We've officially been through a fall in Connecticut, and wow, is it always that amazing?! It's funny, having spent the summer in England made everything here in New England just make sense. The buildings, the weather, even in a way the people. We're getting used to the sticky climate, but are loving all the green. My morning runs have been nothing short of magical, and though I'll miss my Provo Canyon, there is so much for me to learn and explore out here. It seems like around every corner there is something breathtaking--and I'm not exaggerating, the homes, the flowers, even the animal life (I used to be surprised when I saw a squirrel, a pidgeon, a seagull, even a wild turkey, but out here you see them so often!).


Everything is different, I don't know if it's because I'm different myself now, or if it really just is this part of the country, but it's a difference that for now I love. I love feeling like you can smell the history of a building as you walk in. I love the unique brand of go-getter here that seems to permeate everything--the parents, schools, even the drivers!


I'm grateful I haven't felt homesick, and I think part of that is because of some good friends we've already met, mostly from church, and some from Dave's work too. Isn't it incredible how one friend can change everything? That's something for me to remember. It was so great to have my family out here for Christmas as well, I'll try to get some of those pictures up too--that's a memory I don't want to forget.


Perhaps it goes without saying how great it is to live so close to New York City. I hope I really fall in love with the Big Apple, and for now I have a big crush. Trusting from the last 3 months--the Radio City Rockettes Christmas show, hosting Christmas trip with the Hendersons, Christmas Markets, Phantom of the Opera, Manhattan Temple trips, New Years Eve fun with Dave's MBA friends, so many delicious places to eat--I think it's a safe bet.


All in all I feel like we're simply blessed to be here. I don't think I ever imagined myself living in the suburbs of New York, and in a way I feel like I won the lottery I never even entered.



7 comments

  1. I'm so happy you have a blog. We do to, but it is private, so I'll send you an invite. Good luck in school and we hope to see you guys soon! We miss our fun Sunday dinners we have with you and Dave. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for allowing your Dad to post a comment. How I love the Jensen Family!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea! we love blogs! the kids always get excited when they see pictures of people they know on the computer :)
    hope we get to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so glad that we will get to see pictures and hear stories about all the fun you guys are having and will have. You guys are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horray! So I have been checking this blog that has only had a picture and a title for three months hoping that someday it would have updates and pictures from my most wonderful sister :) I want to come visit you in CT so badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!! Good luck keeping up on the posting in school. Use it as a good decompression method after a long nasty day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lizzy,
    As usual, it sounds like you are incredibly happy. I am so so so glad that you finally found Mr. Right! You deserve it. Good luck with school....not that you need it. I'm excited you have a blog for me to follow so I can keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Kelly Brito